Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to remove the 'please hold'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by randomness, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomness

I've set up my first digital receptionist, and applied my custom mp3.

Now, how do I get rid of the 'please hold while I transfer your call'? I could almost live with being able to change it to one with a UK accent, but ideally want to get rid of it altogether.

Also, any pointers on resampling my mp3 files would be appreciated - my 's' sounds are a little bit 'blowy' heard via the phone, yet they sound fine when you play the mp3 file on the computer.

2. Discovery Technology

You could try re-recording an empty .wav file and replace the please_hold.wav file in the ivr prompts folder.

If you're running Windows 7, this would be found at c:\programdata\3cx\data\ivr\prompts\sets then the set you're currently using.

There are also a few documented references on this website that cover the suggested format of audio files that work the best through phones, however for ease of reference, try saving your recordings in wav format as follows: PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit, Mono.

You could also try reducing the volume of the recorded file as loud recordings also cause a slurring or crackling sound on the s.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

What program are you using for audio files?

I recommend Audacity as it gives better quality and use the settings mentioned in the post above and you should have no problem).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. randomness

Thanks - dropping the file to 8k has massively helped the audio. I'm using Adobe Sound Booth on the mac.

I've tried finding please_hold.wav but no joy. It's Windows XP, and having searched for 'IVR' I've come up with two locations:

c:\program files\3cx phonesystem\data\ivr\cfg
    c:\program files\3cx phonesystem\data\ivr\temp

Any ideas?

5. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    This may give an idea of your file path for XP. This is my path on Windows 2003: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\43E89581-DAD8-B6F4-7660-15D48B5E6026

I hope this helps
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.