How to replace inbound caller ID based on number dialed?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zyrk, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyrk

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to replace the caller ID of an inbound call based on the number the person dialed. For example, we have a DID for Sales, and another one for Customer Service. If someone dials the Sales DID we want the IP phones to just display SALES without the original caller ID or phone number. The same would be for the Customer Service calls. We want the phones to just display whatever name we specify.

I have looked everywhere and haven't found a way to do this. I know that call queues add the queue name to the beginning of the caller ID and ring groups add the ring group name to the end of the caller ID. But none of them eliminate the original caller ID or number.

How can I configure something like this? if it is even possible.

Thank you!

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @zyrk

You can create an inbound rule and prepend the name of the rule to the number by navigating to Contacts / Options. Now remove the callers ID however is something that depends on your provider as well. The PBX collects the information from the Invite message of the provider. Under the trunk settings / Inbound rules you can specify to the PBX what to read and from where. To achieve what you are looking for, you need to know what SIP fields your provider is using and for what those SIP fields are used for. Making a mistake configuring them could break inbound calling.
    What i can tell you is not to change the CalledNum value as this will prevent the PBX matching the number to the inbound rule.

3. zyrk

That was very good information. Thank you!

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad i could help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.