Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to restore a back up without SSL cert?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AJ Smith, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ Smith

Latest 15.5 on Windows 10 Pro.

I've tried reinstalling, but the old crt and key stay in and I am not asked for new info once the BU zip is uploaded. Any tips?

I need to install a new SSL cert for an expired one and 3cX's page does not work for me.

#1 AJ Smith, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You need to make a backup without certificate and FQDN. Then you also need to release FQDN through 3CX customer portal in order to reuse the FQDN. Then choose restore from backup during installation of 3CX v15.5 PBX. During installation you will be asked to provide certificate and FQDN (either from 3CX or yours). The SSL certificate must be for the selected FQDN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you are planning to use the same licence with the same FQDN then you do not need to release the key from the costumer portal as the FQDN is already bound to the correct key.
    Also @AJ Smith
    Have you seen this? https://www.3cx.com/docs/renewing-ssl-certificate/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.