How to retrieve VM for a specific extension?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Halea, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halea

Halea New Member

Greetings All again:
    I realize that the subject line is not very clear, but what I am trying to do is to simply bypass the step which requires the identification of the extension number once I got into the voice mail system through a given extension. Currently my system calls for the dialing of 999 to get me in, then I need to identify the extension, then the password followed by a #. When I get into the VM system from a given extension, I want it to understand that I will be retrieving messages for that specific line and not ask me for the voice mail box number.
    Any suggestions?
    Halea

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Nothing yet unless you can program your phone to pass those keys along in a speed dial.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

In version 6, this will be addressed, you will not need to enter your extension number...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bblokey

This is good information but how can you use this if the softphone does not tell you when you have voice mail?

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Anything else you care to leak out?

This is good news though as long as you can still check someone elses extension. This works great for secretaries as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.