How to route inbound PSTN call from htt-488 fxo to 3cx ex...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yonsei66, Jun 22, 2007.

1. yonsei66

I'm trying to route incoming PSTN traffic from Grandstream's htt488 fxo directly to 3cx extensions without success. Somehow this device's fxo and fxs are very tightly coupled such that fxs 'always' rings from fxo and not route to 3cx pbx. When pstn calls in, I see absolutely no activity in 3cx's screen log. I have set up lines: pstn & some voip providers accounts as 3cx's line items along with some internal extensions (ata's and softphones). I can call out via htt488's fxo with no problem (having latest firmware, supporting one stage calling) with 9 prefix from 3cx extensions. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! --Ken

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Can HT-488 registered to 3CX?

At BASIC SETTINGS > Forward to VoIP> blank or extension?

3. yonsei66

fxo registered ok

Yes, htt-488 fxo (and fxs) is registered ok with 3cx (that's why I can call out over fxo). But I haven't done (setup) anything with BASIC's fxo/fxs interaction setup hoping to avoid any 'direct interaction' between fxo & fxs. Do I have to set up some of them? Thanks for you comments. -- Ken

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

If your HT-488 can registered 3CX PBX. I think most setting at HT-488 are correct. Please check the following points, I assume that your HT-488 at LAN.

1. STUN set to NO.
    2. At option "Forward to VoIP", you should put the valid extension into.

5. cjammer

cjammer New Member

If you have a Automated attendant (IVR) configured, you can set the 'Forward to VoIP' option to that extension, then let the IVR forward to what ever extensions you configur it for.

Cjammer

6. yonsei66

This is what confuses me. I didn't set the ht-488's BASIC section "Forward to Voip" because I already set it at the 3CX pbx's PSTN setup section. In the PSTN line setup, there is "Route Inbound Call" where I set to extension 100. Now, you're saying ht-488's "Forware to Voip" has to be set to 100, right? Then what does the 3CX's "Route inbound call" do? Anyway, I will try your suggestion. Thanks for your comments!

7. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

If 100 is set for HT-488's FXS port. Then "Forward to Voip" set to 100 will not works.

Since, it does not works in my testing environment. I think the FXO and FXS cannot in-use at the same time. Except using it PSTN pass through function. That mean the PSTN call in to FXO port then it redirect to FXS not via the 3c PBX.

Therefore, the "Forward to Voip" should be set the extension not for this HT-488's FXS's.

8. yonsei66

No, extension 100 is a softphone (sjphone) on my desktop pc. After setting "Forward to voip" to 100, incoming pstn call correctly routed to extension 100 as you have suggested. But it also rings fxs connected phone which is annoying. Still, my question is still unanswered: what does 3CX's PSTN setup do for the incoming routing? My impression is that this ht488 was never designed with ip pbx (like Asterisk or 3CX) in mind.. it's just a very handy, portable all-in-one, stand-alone ATA (including NAT router too). Spending more time on this would be waste. Thanks for your comments anyway. -- Ken

9. yonsei66

I've found the answer for my own question: I should have set "Forward to voip" to the internal extension # of PSTN line (in my case 10003) rather than directly to an extension #. Then, the PSTN Line can reroute to another extension or voip # (at the 3CX's setup). I'd guess this is the way it should be. So far, ht-488 meets most of my required features at a very good price EXCEPT: incoming PSTN call can't forward caller ID to an extension (blocked by FXO), it forwards caller ID only to FXS side phone. If it works (on next firmware?), this would be a very attractive gateway for home/soho market. -- Ken

10. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

The HT-488 does not support FXO recognition of PSTN caller ID; the new HT503(which is not available yet) is one FXO and one FXS like the HT488, and it will support caller ID from both IP and PSTN.