How to run 3CX Phone and 3CX PhoneSystem on the same host?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mgagik, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgagik

Hi

I have the free version of 3CX Phone system(for testing) ver 10, and to test, I am using 3CX VOIP Phone.
    Both 3CX Phone system and 3CX VOIP Phone are installed on the same PC.

When I am trying to register 3CX VOIP Phone by local IP (127.0.0.1), then it successfully registered.
    When I am trying to register 3CX VOIP Phone by using PC's interface IP, then it is failed to registered and this the log message:
    18:10:12.974 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 12.23.118.211:5060 tid=d06f0f403b140f1d cseq=REGISTER contact=1111@12.23.118.211:57387 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

Please help me to solve this.
    Thanks
    Gagik

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Re: How to run 3CX Phone and 3CX PhoneSystem on the same hos

I hope you checked Authentication ID and Password? this is the reason it is failing. Probably as you type in by hand the ID and Pass it was correct but the provisioning file might be different, say you changed it and didn't regenerate the file. Double check it all.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mgagik

Dear Nate!

Thanks for your answer. I have checked everything and still I have the same problem. Let me short describe my problem one more time.
    I am trying to register 3cx phone to 3cx phone system. Both are installed on the same PC.
    1. Register using 127.0.0.1 localhost interface - OK
    2. Register using 192.168.0.1 interface -it is failed. (Authentication Failed ).

Thanks
    Gagik

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello Again Gagik,

I have a similar setup for testing, you should use the plug and play provisioning feature in V10, you shouldn't need to manually configure the phone but we do recommend not using the 3CX Phone for Windows on the same PC as the PBX however it should work. Delete the accounts you have created, shutdown the phone, reopen the phone and it should prompt you to provision or create an account, now hold here and open the management console and look in the phone node, the 3CX Phone should be listed here in bold lettering, right click it and assign an extension, click the auto provision button on the phone and let it do it's thing. Tell me if this helps you.

Thanks,

Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DaveElder

Hi,
    I am having the same problems.
    V10 test system installed on a 2008 R2 server, accepted all defaults during install (except 4 digit extensions)
    installed 3cxphone on same server, and also on another 2008r2 server on same network.
    Neither will connect, either via manual config or auto provisioning.
    After reading this post I changed the ip to 127.0.0.1 on the 3cxphone on the same server that has the system, and it worked fine.

These 2 servers are in a data center so both have real public IPs.
    Neither will connect if I have the public IP in the in-office or out-office setting.

Windows firewall it totally off on both servers.

Are there any issues with real public IP addresses on the system?

Dave

6. DaveElder

Typical.
    Fighting with this for 2 hours. post a query. and then find another post with the answer.

" In the Extension Settings go to other and uncheck Disallow Use of this Extension Outside of LAN."

This is set by default on all the new extensions. As we have a public IP the system must think that any other public IP is out of the lan, even it's own.
    Turned off for both test extensions, now the 3cxphone on both servers connects fine.

Hope this helps other people.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.