Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to select Mike & Speaker on 3CXphone V12???

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sepp, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sepp

I have installed the V12 Beta and it works fine.
    I also installed 3CX Phone client (SIP mode) V12. all OK, but I can't find a way to select the Microphone & speaker.
    I have a dedicated Handset (Catalina) which I would like to use. But where do I find the settings page???

Many thanks

Sepp

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the sip mode is not jet final and not ready to use.
    check the change log during the version updates
    currently only cti is supportet to work

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Movix

Hello,

Any new information regarding this request ?
    The latest version downloaded today seems still to not allow the selection of audio devices.
    So the SIP mode is still unusable since 3CX phone uses the default audio device instead of the default voice device.

I'm using Windows 8 Pro 64

4. Sepp

Hi,

any idea when the 3CX phone V12 will be fully functional????

also will be a version for Windows 8 RT ????

many thanks

Sepp

5. alanbolitho

I would like to ditto this. I have just migrated to ver 12 of the phone system. Everything seems to work with the phone system. However, the windows sip client ver 12 has some issues.

1 Crashes repeatedly in Windows xp and windows 7 and windows 8.
    2 Does not support a microphone setup and must use the default windows setup which is problematic.
    3 Very jittery to the point of unusable. (3cx windows client ver 6 is perfect in same environments)
    4 Very unpolished presence service. As opposed to the myphone client and the previous presence client)
    5 Can not get the microphone to work on a standard headset

I do like the new look and feel of the phone and the built in myphone service is a good idea (now called presence).

My question is:
    1 When can we expect this to be ready? (I noticed that these questions have been asked by others since May.)
    2 Has anyone had similar issues and found workarounds?
    3 3cx Phone client for Windows stores a config file somewhere on the hard drive. Where is it located?

Cheers
    Alan

6. infonetics

I agree, really need to be able to select audio devices like previous version. Also, can we not set up BLF keys on v12? I can't find the setting anywhere, nor where they would appear. Seems like a lot of work has gone into "design", at the cost of usability.

7. infonetics

Additional speed dials, shared parking, paging. Was nice having that flyout tab integrated into the app, rather than having to launch the whole presence screen, and then resize everything.

8. CHADD IT

Hi,

New customer here. I really appreciate reading everyone's comments while learning about the system. I want to echo the comments about the Presence screen. I want to use it for our receptionist as a call director function to not only show who is in or out or on the phone, but the call group status and for our receptionist to quickly direct a call to an individual or call group.

Any help someone can give me in how to best use this would be greately appreciated!
    Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.