Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to set and check group VM messages

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oliverm, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

Hi chaps,

Whats the best way of allowing a group of users to check the VM of their group number? We have an "upstairs" group for the upstairs accounts office. They each have a DDI and their own VM but the upstairs ring group also has a VM assigned to it.

They want to be able to easily change the message ("We are all out today, the 15th" etc) and also be able to easily check for new messages.

I'm guessing that I can program a softkey on their phones (Grandstream GXP2100) but I dont know what to program it to, or whether this can even be done.

Any suggestions welcome.

Olly

2. willow

willow Member

groups them selves do not have voicemail boxes. They can go to an extension that has voicemail after the ring timer has expired. the easiest way is to just login to vmial and press # when it askes for the security code and then you can enter an extension number to check and change.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. oliverm

Is there a particular string I would need to assign to a softkey in order to have the user taken straight to the pin code prompt for the VM assigned to the extension of the group number?

I'm keen to just have a button on the phone marked "Group VM" or something.

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

The best way as willow mentioned would be to just add your VMail extension to the BLF's because you will have to press # anyways to access a different VMail box. You wouldn't be able to assign that particular VMail box to a BLF because the way a user would log in is by press hash/pound at the prompt. You would have to explain to the users how to do this or request this feature here http://3cx.ideascale.com/.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. oliverm

Ok, ta.

If it can't be done then at least they won't bother hassling me :)

Thanks for your help.

Olly

6. nbailey

nbailey Member

No problem, sometimes it is easier to not give special features out to make your life easier :)

Good luck!
    Nate

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can vote for the group mailbox here....http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ring-Group--Department--mailbox/71758-9854

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.