how to set call forward by phone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SY, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Are you asking about "my phone" portal?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can use myphone portal to configure your extension (including forwading rules)
    Alternative - use features provided by your phone. Some phones can be configured to ask PBX to redirect call to alternative destination.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. callworth

What phones are you using? Most of the phones I've run into have that feature and will work with 3CX. That's not to say that all of them will however.

I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any dial codes to set call forwarding with 3CX.

4. pdrw

I think he's talking about 3CXPhone the softphone to your pc.
    I got that question too, it seems impossible to automatically forward calls on the softphone, at least no option allows that.
    Do we need to forward calls on SIP server? Otherwise I'll have to use another softphone (i like 3CX).

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

At this time the 3CX Phone does not allow it, you may post a feature request in the feature request section of the forums. You can as Stephan suggested use the myphone portal this will allow users to set forwarding rules for their own extension. All they need is there pin code.

6. mfm

mfm Active Member

Not sure what you mean are you speaking generically or? Im asking as it may be a bit misleading to some users.

7. pdrw

My problem is I only use 3CX as client softphone and it has no call options, also i can't access myphone portal cause it's only the client side, our SIP uses another software.
    So it can't be done at all from client side only? Do I need to put a rule in the server?

Thanks for the answers.

8. mfm

mfm Active Member

So you are not using 3CX PBX? Maybe the PBX you are using has something similar to the myphone portal we offer? Call forwarding at this time cannot be done from the Softphone. You may post a feature request in the feature request section of the forums.

9. pdrw

Thank you mfm, already posted a feature request.
    It'd be great if 3CX implement this.

10. amnart@mvcoms.com

If 3CX Phone connecting with voice gateway that not support feature code or dial code, how can I use dial code about call forward or other ad ons to enable it?

Amnart

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a dial code to activate/de-activate a call forwarding feature in 3CX...or, activating/deactivating a call forwarding feature from your provider, via a gateway? It would seem that the former does not yet exist, but the latter may be possible, depending on the digits that your provider requires. Most gateways will not pass on * or #, as dialled, but in some cases there are work-arounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.