How to set multiple domains to the PBX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by roamer, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roamer

Hello, I'm new to 3CX PBX, I have two questions need help:

1. How could I set more than one domain to the PBX? Say I'm setup the 3CX PBX on an internet server, I want to assign three domains to this PBX: sip.mypbx1.com, sip.mypbx2.com, sip.mypbx3.com, does there has a guide ?

2. If I'm just run the PBX in LAN, the LAN is unreachable to internet, how could I activate it by a purchased license ? Does the activate requires internet connection ?

Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a request for the ability to use more than one Domain Name, most users are happy with just the one. There may be a way around that but 3CX checks the name against the server name you (the remote SIP Device) is/are sending to, for security reasons and as far as I know (and things may have changed in 12.5), there is room for just one.

An Internet connection is required for licence verification/activation, after that, you don't have to keep it connected. You would have to activate where there is a connection, then move the server to the final installation site.

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

leejor,

Unless its changed, 3cx will un-register itself after an extended period of no internet access.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't tried running without internet connection. I do remember, several years ago, the question of how to register 3CX if you didn't have an internet connection. At that time, it was suggested by several users to do the set-up at a location where you do have a connection, then move the server to the required location. If there is a "time=out" period, then it would mean that 3Cx would not be suitable for remote (no internet access) locations such as mining, or logging camps, or for use aboard a ship, etc. Mind you many of these sorts of places do have some connectivity, but data prices are so high (usually satellite) that you would not want to leave a device permanently connected.

Have you experienced what the "time-out" period is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.