Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to set multiple domains to the PBX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by roamer, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roamer

Hello, I'm new to 3CX PBX, I have two questions need help:

1. How could I set more than one domain to the PBX? Say I'm setup the 3CX PBX on an internet server, I want to assign three domains to this PBX: sip.mypbx1.com, sip.mypbx2.com, sip.mypbx3.com, does there has a guide ?

2. If I'm just run the PBX in LAN, the LAN is unreachable to internet, how could I activate it by a purchased license ? Does the activate requires internet connection ?

Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a request for the ability to use more than one Domain Name, most users are happy with just the one. There may be a way around that but 3CX checks the name against the server name you (the remote SIP Device) is/are sending to, for security reasons and as far as I know (and things may have changed in 12.5), there is room for just one.

An Internet connection is required for licence verification/activation, after that, you don't have to keep it connected. You would have to activate where there is a connection, then move the server to the final installation site.

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

leejor,

Unless its changed, 3cx will un-register itself after an extended period of no internet access.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't tried running without internet connection. I do remember, several years ago, the question of how to register 3CX if you didn't have an internet connection. At that time, it was suggested by several users to do the set-up at a location where you do have a connection, then move the server to the required location. If there is a "time=out" period, then it would mean that 3Cx would not be suitable for remote (no internet access) locations such as mining, or logging camps, or for use aboard a ship, etc. Mind you many of these sorts of places do have some connectivity, but data prices are so high (usually satellite) that you would not want to leave a device permanently connected.

Have you experienced what the "time-out" period is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.