How to set private number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by koshy_vimal, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koshy_vimal

Hi all,

How do I set the caller id to show 'Unknown' or 'Private number' in 3CX? I have set 4 DID numbers and when I call from these 4 phones they show the number on any mobile or landline. How do I remove this?

Thanx
    Vimal

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How do your calls go out into the PSTN? Via a VoIP provider or through and ATA / PSTN landline? What number is showing up, your listed directory number? You usually have to prefix you call with something (it's *67 in North America) as the caller ID is sent from your provider and (usually) not the PBX. PRI ISDN PBX's are one of the exceptions and used to spoof caller ID.

3. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

If we get your need correctly, you DO NOT want to show your number on an outbound call.

Your easiest and long standing solution woudl be to tell your telco to bar outbound caller ID from your lines. This way all calls will go out as 'Unknown'

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. koshy_vimal

I found the solution to this. The problem was that the caller id was set at the voip provider side.

Thanks
    Vimal.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In North America many PSTN providers will only block all numbers for you if you are something like a Women's Shelter or have a valid reason to block all calls. And then, the caller ID will show "Private Number" not "Unknown Number", which means a lot of people will ignore or avoid the call thinking it is a tele-marketer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.