How to set up 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by musicman, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicman

Hi,

I am new at using 3CX and I am trying to set this up.

What I want to do is:-

Ring skype and using 3CX transfer the call to their which in turns transfer
    it to the Fritzbox ( which will give me a dialling tone) which will then use
    justviop to make the telephone call.

At the moment I have got the 3CX skype add on and that works great. I can
    get the call to 3CX but I can't figure a way of transferring the call to the
    Fritzbox trunk I have created!!! When I phone the skype number it transfer
    to the 3CX and I just get a woman's voice saying press the star key to leave
    a message and do something else for an operator!!! If any one has any ideas
    that wpould be great I have tried lots of things but no setting seems to
    work.

I have this set up to work with pbxes but I now would like to use this set up on my computer because i am having problem with dynamic ip address!!

Thanks

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You need to set up some inbound and outbound rules.

At the moment your skype call comes in but then goes to the default operator extension (100?) which is then telling it to leave a voicemail

I am not sure exactly what you want to do but it sounds like you want a call to come in on Skype and then forward to an external number? I dont think you need fritzbox at all though. Can you not set up the justvoip on 3cx instead?

I think your best option is to create an extension in 3cx (say 101) and then not register it. Have its forwarding rules to forward to your external number you want.

Then in your inbound rule for skype set it to send the call to this 101 extension.

Register your justvoip with 3cx (or if you have to use fritzbox register that) then create an outbound rule from all extensions to go out through this justvoip (or fritzbox) provider.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. musicman

Thanks for your reply.

You said

I think your best option is to create an extension in 3cx (say 101) and then not register it. Have its forwarding rules to forward to your external number you want.

Then in your inbound rule for skype set it to send the call to this 101 extension.

I can figure out how to do the last bit. But how do you create an extension and not register it and also when I try to create an extension I don't get the option to forward it to justviop even though I have a justviop trunk and that registered fine.

Sorry to aks for advice but I just can't find the right options.

thank you

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

When you create an extension, unless you then create a softphone and register it with 3cx or have a hardphone which registers as that extension then it is not registered (the icon is red in 3cx to show not registered).

Now in the extension forwarding rules under available there is a section at the bottom dealing with phone busy or not registered. Set the to forward to an external number and type in the number you want it sent to.

now the last thing you need to do is to tell 3cx to use some outbound rules. Create an outbound rule if you dont have one that sends calls from all extensions (e.g. 100 - 990) to route through the justvoip (in the dropdown) and remember to set the strip digits to 0 as the default is 1.

Now it should work

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. musicman

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply just one last thing

Set the to forward to an external number and type in the number you want it sent to.

What number is this?

Thanks

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I thought you were forwarding incoming skype calls to an external number such as a cell phone.

Isnt that what you are trying to do? if not, can you explain what you are trying to do?

7. musicman

Sorry I will try to explain

I don't know whether I can do this with 3CX but this is what i am trying to do.

At the moment I use pbxes and it did work fine but now I am having a few problems with this.

I have a mobile phone with free skype calls ( with no credit on ) on so I want to phone a skype name which is the skype on this computer which then though the 3C gateway forwards the call to 3CX which then I want 3CX to forward the call to just voip where I can then phone landmine for free. Now I don't know whether 3CX can provide a dialling tone like pbxes can so I thought the fritzbox could provide the dialling tone which then is forwarded on to justvoip.

I think that makes sense.

thanks

8. abc123

abc123 Active Member

ahhhh

lets put this a different way....

you want to be able to use a "phone" on your cell phone (such as skype) that you can call for other landlines or cells (or international calls) via justvoip without using your cellphone minutes or costs. Is that right?

You were using skype to do this but should be no need. skype is using your cellphone dataplan and skype is a form of softphone.

There are other softphones that work on cellphones and use sip. 3cx has one for android (download 3cx from the android marketplace) and they have the iphone version waiting on apple to release it (for now use iSip on the iphone). If you cannot use those there are some others and Fring is one i would recommend.

Once you download one of those you can register it with your 3cx pbx (you will have to have some firewalls and port forwarding to the 3cx pbx) as an extension (e.g. 101). Now as far as 3cx is concerned it is a regular phone and 3cx does not really care whether you are on the internal or external network or whether it is a real hardphone or a softphone. If you want to use your computer then use the 3cx softphone that comes with it.

So now we have 101 registered with 3cx you only need to outbound rule for justvoip that any extension can call out though it. Also your cell phone ext 101 can receive calls too (just set an inbound rule).

Once it is set up, open up the softphone app on your cell phone (whether it is a 3cx phone, fring or another softphone) and dial the landline you want to call. Assuming your cell phone provider does not block the call and your firewall is correct then it will work.

I use mine every day.

No need for skype to do this for you. Though skype can work with the skype gateway.

Does this explain it a bit better? If i have confused you we can take one step at a time. The first step is to know the phone os (iphone, android 2.2, blackberry etc.) and then we can get you a client.

9. musicman

Hi thanks for your time especially on a Sunday.

The reason why I use skype is because here in the Uk on the three network skype is free!!!!! :shock: You don't even have to put any credit on it. So that is why I use skype gateway. In effect i can use a mobile for making calls and do so totally free!!- to landlines anyway.

10. abc123

abc123 Active Member

OK I understand now.

Possibly the best way to do this is for you to call the 3cx skype gateway skype account on your pc (which i think you have set up) and have this forward to a voicemail in 3cx (Create a dummy extension) then you can allow outbound dialing from voicemail in 3cx and dial out.

Otherwise i dont think i can help too much as we dont use skype gateway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.