• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to set up for home office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff88

Reaction score
I am wanting to "Download 3CX Phone System for Windows - a FREE VoIP PBX / SIP server"

With that said, I was simply searching google looking for a voip provider and phone to buy where I could use a soft phone in windows to click to make calls with my hard phone. I have no other employees, and I just have a home business.

Can I use the "3CX Phone System VoIP PBX / SIP server" without a voip gateway?
Can I just subscribe to a voip provider and buy an IP Phone and have it work?

Anyone know which of the below supported phones is the best for under about $75?

Cisco SPA 501G, 502G, 504G, 508G, 509G, 525G Provisioned or Manual
Grandstream GXP2124, GXP2120, GXP2110, GXP2100, GXP1450 Provisioned
Grandstream GXP2000, GXP2020 Provisioned or Manual (EOL)
Polycom SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670, 5000, 6000, 7000 and VVX 1500 Provisioned or Manual (Not Recommended)
Yealink T20, T22, T26, T28, T32 and T38 Provisioned or Manual

In answer to your questions, yes you can use 3cx without a gateway. A gateway in this scenario meaning an interface to the PSTN network. Provided that you have an Internet connection that supports your existing data needs and has enough available bandwidth to support voice, then you can easily subscribe to a SIP trunking service for the full VoIP experience. Check the blog by doing a search for bandwidth requirements, and assuming you have enough to take the leap, then research supported providers. There are a number of good ones and the offerings/pricing vary widely giving you plenty of options.

As far as phones go, you have listed a broad array and many fall outside of your $ range. Many are very feature rich and command higher prices. For an initial venture into the technology without stressing our pocket too much, I suggest looking at the Grandstream 1450 and the Yealink T 22. These may be a little over budget, but not so much and with their uPnP capability, should be a breeze to setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.