How to set up smart outbound rules?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Hi,

I'm setting up 3CX for the first time. I'm going to be using three FXO ports and no ITSP. The first two ports will be connected to analog lines. One of the analog lines has unlimited local calls; the second doesn't. The third line, if I can get it to work, will be connected via RJ-11 to a Magicjack, which in turn plugs back into the computer and acts as a SIP phone. (No, I don't want to hack the Magicjack.)

What I'm wondering is how to set up dialing rules to automatically route calls to the correct line:

- Local calls should go first to the analog line with free local calls.
    - 800, 877, 888, and 911 calls should also go to first to that analog line.
    - Long distance calls (domestic and international) should go to the Magicjack line.

The problem is that, as is common in the U.S., a local call is defined by a radius from my Central Office. That means that calls in my area code (619) are not necessarily local. Also, many calls outside my area code (e.g. to 858) are local. In other words, the only way to know for sure if it is local is to look it up in a list of 6-digit prefixes (see http://localcalling.sbc.com). The current list contains 853 entries.

I should perhaps add that I dial numbers in my local area code with 7 digits, and numbers in all other area codes (whether local or long distance) by dialing 1 + the area code + 7 digits. Oh, and the Magicjack always requires 10 digits.

I have three questions:

1. Can I set up a dialing rule in 3CX to at least handle the 800, 877, 888, and 911 calls? I've done this with regular expressions in other systems, but I guess in 3CX I have to make a separate rule for each one?

2. Can I get 3CX to check a list of over 800 local prefixes to determine if the call is local, and route it appropriately? (I need to be able to import the list, not type it in.)

3. Sometimes I will want to override the selection for a specific call. I assume I need some specific rules up front to check for an override prefix, maybe 11, 12, or 13? Then use 0 for a "normal" outside line?

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bigdog

I would like to see some info on this also...

I am used to the reg expressions... but I would like to know the complete list of syntax that can be used with the 3cx...
    like now I use a comma to separate differnt matching criteria for a single call rule.,.. what else can I do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.