How to set up Voice Mail Notification to Multiple Text

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cynthia Slade, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia Slade

Using 3cx v10 and an exchange server we are able to send a text messages to a distribution group which notifies them there is a voicemail message.

In Exchange I created contacts A Warranty, b Warranty & C Warranty and used thier text addresses for the external email address (ie 4444444444@txthost.net)

In Exchange I created a distribution group called Warranty and made the contacts members of the group.

In 3cx I created an extenstion: "warranty" and set email to notify only to the email address of the distribution group - warranty@domain.com (do not attach the voicemail)

In Exchange I set a hub transport rule for messages to the Warranty distribution group which appends the subject with the number 204 (which is the Warranty extension)

The bonus of setting it up this way - the text message lets them know it is a warranty call (204) and the name and phone number of the caller. They have the choice of listening to the voicemail and/or returning the phone call.

Hope this is helpful!!! :)

Cindy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.