Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to set up your own small PBX on PC 3 users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 1nycvoiper, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1nycvoiper

Hi all, I am trying to understand if it is possible to set up a free or low cost VPBX system to be hosted on my own PC which would have 2-5 virtual users where calls would be forwarded to a softphone or a cell number?

I would want features like virtual attendant, call routing by extensions, maybe fax email ( if that is not over asking). Any advice would be greatly appreciated and in return I offer FREE Tax advice :)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While the "free" version of 3CX will do the basics, and probably most (but not all) of what you are looking for. http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/ If you are not familiar with VoIP but have some time, and patience to learn, then you could probably do it yourself. It's not rocket science, but there is a learning curve depending on your background. This site provides a lot of information.

If you are in a hurry, and want to be able to have any future problems dealt with quickly, you will probably be better off contacting a 3CX distributor/installer in your area and purchasing a licence for a small set-up. This gives you a local support person if something goes awry in the future and you cannot afford to be down for several days. It also allows for future expansion/options/features, which a lot of people don't seem to take into consideration.

3. bardissi

bardissi Member

Well said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.