How to set up your own small PBX on PC 3 users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 1nycvoiper, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1nycvoiper

Hi all, I am trying to understand if it is possible to set up a free or low cost VPBX system to be hosted on my own PC which would have 2-5 virtual users where calls would be forwarded to a softphone or a cell number?

I would want features like virtual attendant, call routing by extensions, maybe fax email ( if that is not over asking). Any advice would be greatly appreciated and in return I offer FREE Tax advice :)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While the "free" version of 3CX will do the basics, and probably most (but not all) of what you are looking for. http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/ If you are not familiar with VoIP but have some time, and patience to learn, then you could probably do it yourself. It's not rocket science, but there is a learning curve depending on your background. This site provides a lot of information.

If you are in a hurry, and want to be able to have any future problems dealt with quickly, you will probably be better off contacting a 3CX distributor/installer in your area and purchasing a licence for a small set-up. This gives you a local support person if something goes awry in the future and you cannot afford to be down for several days. It also allows for future expansion/options/features, which a lot of people don't seem to take into consideration.

3. bardissi

bardissi Member

Well said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.