How to setup bridge

Discussion in 'Windows' started by JemmyPaeg, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JemmyPaeg

I currently have 3cx running on 3 different locations in my domain and am trying to get them to be able to communicate with each other. I'm confused on how to setup up bridges between the locations. We have no public ID and are just setting this up for local connections using the 3cx phones on client computers.

If somebody could explain how to set up bridges and prefixes that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

If I understand you correctly, you want to use 3 x 3CX PBX Installations within the same location, but within the same network example 192.168.1.X if so then this also makes good practice for load balancing etc, on very large installs.
    Way to do this is as follows.

3CX (A) 192.168.1.250 (Master) (EXT 0-100)
    3CX (B) 192.168.1.251 (Slave) (EXT 101-200)
    3CX(C) 192.168.1.252 (Slave) (EXT 201-300)
    Firs t lets assume 3CX (A) is the master and the other two installations are slaves.

Step 1Go to the 3CX management console of the Master 3CX Installation and select Bridges from the Tree Menu.

Step 2Complete the wizard making sure you select Master for “Type of Bridge” Direct UDP
    Take note of the Authentication ID and Password, as you will need this on the 3CX (B) Installation
    Once you have completed all the required fields move to step 3

Step 3Go To the 3CX (B) Slave Installation and Go to the 3CX management console and select Bridges from the Tree Menu.

Complete the wizard making sure you select Slave for “Type of Bridge” Direct UDP
    Enter the Authentication ID and Password, as you would have noted on the 3CX (A) Installation “Bridge Master Setup” and enter the IP Address of the Master 3CX PBX (192.168.1.250) “Remote End of Bridge
    Fully complete all required bridges and then you will need to setup outbound rules as required

You will need to purchase 3 x 3CX Commercial licence for each installation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.