How to setup call forwarding from the phone keyboard

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kusig, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kusig

Probably a stupid and simple question but I didn't found an answer so far even searching for quite some time. How could one configure a call forwarding from the phone itself.

Usually this is done on other systems by some dial code eg. *21 but I didn't found an equivalent way in 3CX yet. I know that I could setup the presence profiles. However, it should be possible to perform this simply and to any internal destination from the keyboard, eg. *2120 which forwards any call on the current extension to the extension 20.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are generally two types of call forwarding - those performed by the system or those performed by the phone. Some phones may have built-in call features that also use a code (*72 or other followed by the desired number) that allows for calls to be forwarded. 3CX supports the presence functionality whereby given the availability status of the extension and its defined call handling programming for said status, the system will handle the forward. You can use either the 3CXsoftphone as you mentioned or the defined * code (see PBX settings) to enable a status whereupon the call will be handled accordingly.

As long as the phone supports and the codes are unique, then you can use both.

3CX does not support the traditional call forward method of code-number, but you can submit it as a feature request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.