How to setup Digital receptionist?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ebhakt, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebhakt

when i configured 3Cx just after the install-time i configured one default extension(extn.: 1000) to ring when some one dials the VoIP number
    Now i have created a digital receptionist(virtual extn.: 8001) and want that to ring when some one calls

Now i go to settings > general and try to change the default extension to 8001 and it says :
    "The operator extension does not exist.Please enter another value and try again"

Please help me how to configure the digital receptionist to guest/greet some people who try to dial my external VoIP number.
    I want to know how to setup the digital receptionist to be the heard by people when they first call us?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The operator extension is different from a digital receptionist. It doesn't have to have a set attached but should have been created up when you installed 3CX, it's a good idea to keep it separate from any other extensions that you create. You can change which extension number is used for the operator. Using * when listening to a voicemail greeting will route the caller to the operator extension.

You should have a set-up such as Incoming call (Trunk) routes to > Digital receptionist number > caller chooses = an existing extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.