Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to setup Windows client with a dedicated voice network (2 NIC's)?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Shawn, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

I'm looking to setup a new 3CX system at our new facility using a dedicated voice network. I'm not sure how I would handle the Windows client with a dedicated network. I'm fairly certain that I would need a 2nd NIC in all the PC's that will be using the Windows client but, beyond that I don't know how the client would get setup to use the correct NIC and get configured properly.

I also don't know if I would need a DHCP server on the dedicated network or if 3CX handles DHCP or somehow use static IP's

Any advice?

Thanks

2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shawn

Shawn New Member

Thank you for the reply.
    The setup that the thread references is exactly what I plan on implementing. I plan on having a completely separate network dedicated for voice and am planning on having two NIC's in each PC, one dedicated to voice and the other to data, both on different subnets.

Do you have any experience with a dedicated voice network? Is there a provision for the 3CX soft phone to use a particular NIC?

Any other advice?

Thanks

Shawn

4. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.