How to show calls on all group members displays?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Apoo, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Apoo

Hi everyone,

I've an environment with some Snom M65 and D375.

We want to realise, that everyone (or maybe everyone at the same extension group) is able to the the phone number of an incoming call.

Actually we use the BLF to see if there is an incoming call, but we would like to see every incoming call with the phone number on the display without using the BLF, because that was the old behavior with our replaced HiPath-PBX.

Does anybody know how to realise that? I already tried for a test to give the members of a extension group all possible rights, but that doesn't change everything :)

Thanks and best regards,
    Johnny

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

You can use the Windows/Web client. I don't think it is possible to display the phone number on the phone unless the call is ringing at the phone. You could put everyone into a ring group / queue, but that's going to cause the phone to ring and I don't think that's what you are looking for.

If you don't want to use the Web/Windows client, you could create a little app that resides in the notification area on your PC (lower right hand corner) that shows a little popup (screen toast) with each call displaying the caller ID and phone number. It would require a service that monitors for the correct calls and broadcasts the events. We do something similar with our Emergency (911) Notifier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Apoo

Showing members of an extension group the phone number from calls (and name if internal) going to a extension group is a default feature in PBXs since like 30 years?! But those calls don't ring, I just see every calls for my team colleagues. Our old HiPath was able to do that.

Is that a problem specifically to 3cx or with VoIP? Very strange! :)

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As mentioned, 3CX can do this using the 3CX client or the Web client. You can even use the clients to control your IP phones and have them work together. 3CX can monitor calls and extension statuses using presence something the phones cannot do.

5. Apoo

OK, that means it does not work just with phones, like it is working since 30 years.
    Using a computer for that feature is a no-go for us and our Clients, we and they just want to use a phone

What is causing that problem? The Snom phones or the 3cx PBX?
    How could we reach that this is working? Another phones or another PBX?