Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to Show Original Caller ID on Forward to my Mobile?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HappyGoLucky, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyGoLucky

I am using 3CX with regular analog telephone lines (PSTN trunks) on a Patton SmartNode SN4114 gateway.

Today, I have no clue if someone at the office is calling me on my cellphone, or if it is someone who called from outside our office and pressed my extension, because in both cases I just see our office phone number on my cellphone's caller-id.

I have seen many posts with buzzwords (Direct Forwarding versus Rebound), parameters ($OutboundCallerID and $OriginatorCallerID which apparently "were fixed in Build Version 10.22686 – Service Pack 5"), or settings (From: User Part), etc. with no real explanation of how to set them, where to set them, and what to set them to!

I am looking for a non-technical step by step on how to enable showing the original caller's ID (as opposed to our company's telephone number) on my cellphone when a call gets forwarded to my cellphone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Could you please provide any clue regarding equipment and routing?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kesher

Unfortunetly, with PSTN lines, the provider sets the callerid and you have no control over it.

I recommend signing up for a SIP Trunk and using that when you want to divert incoming calls to your mobile. That way, you can set the callerID so you know who's calling you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.