• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to Show Original Caller ID on Forward to my Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyGoLucky

Reaction score
I am using 3CX with regular analog telephone lines (PSTN trunks) on a Patton SmartNode SN4114 gateway.

Today, I have no clue if someone at the office is calling me on my cellphone, or if it is someone who called from outside our office and pressed my extension, because in both cases I just see our office phone number on my cellphone's caller-id.

I have seen many posts with buzzwords (Direct Forwarding versus Rebound), parameters ($OutboundCallerID and $OriginatorCallerID which apparently "were fixed in Build Version 10.22686 – Service Pack 5"), or settings (From: User Part), etc. with no real explanation of how to set them, where to set them, and what to set them to!

I am looking for a non-technical step by step on how to enable showing the original caller's ID (as opposed to our company's telephone number) on my cellphone when a call gets forwarded to my cellphone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Could you please provide any clue regarding equipment and routing?

Thanks

Unfortunetly, with PSTN lines, the provider sets the callerid and you have no control over it.

I recommend signing up for a SIP Trunk and using that when you want to divert incoming calls to your mobile. That way, you can set the callerID so you know who's calling you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.