• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to stop external users from starting a conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajints

Customer
Reaction score
How do I stop external users from essentially dialing in then dialing 700 and starting a conference call. Can I limit that to only internal users.

Well you should have a conference PIN so even dialing in to 700 (we even have a DID assigned) they can not do anything without the PIN.
Unless by external users you mean workers who are not currently in the office.

As I understand it there is only one global pin to start the conference and we would have to communicate the pin to all current employees. Which would mean that once employees leave the company either we have to change the pin every time or live with those ex-employees using the pin and potentially starting conferences.
Isn't there a way to restrict starting conferences only through internal extensions or make everyone use their extension and unique voice mail password that way if someone leaves we simply reset their voicemail password and they are then locked out of creating a conference.

Though I have not tested this the IVRDONOTCALL parameter will probably stop external users from joining a conference too since they will not be able to transfer to 700 at all. I am just trying to prevent people from using my 3CX system as a fr** (rhymes with tree) conference bridge. There must be a way to do it it is hard to think that all the big companies with thousands of users using 3CX either send out a updated PIN frequently or leave it unprotected.

IVRDONOTCALL would only restrict users in an IVR from free dialing 700.
Internal users can still dial 700.

I agree but then would that not prevent users dialing into the 3CX system from even joining conference calls since transfers to 700 will be blocked. The way for external users to join the conference call is to call 700 and then then the conf ID.

i did not see that was a requirement. you wanted to block external callers.
internal callers would pick up phone and dial 700 and connect to 700 Conference Place.
external callers would be in an IVR and dial 700 and not be allowed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.