Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved How to Stop Outbound Caller ID Clearing on Check-out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by buillett, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buillett

Outbound Caller ID get cleared each time a guest checks out in 3cx v15.

In previous versions, where there was a 3cx hotel module with PMS integration, this was never an issue.

Does anyone know of a way to disable the outbound caller id being cleared when a check-out occurs?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have observed this as well and there is no way to stop the clearing as 3CX is now treating it as nothing other than a standard extension whose attributes are erased upon a checkout.

To get around the issue, you can presumably set the trunks with a global CID or do so at the provider level. This is what I have done as all extensions, regardless use the same CID, but I could see it being an issue if the hotel also has direct DIDs to things other guest amenities.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @buillett

What version of 3CX are you running? You can find the exact build number on the dashboard next to the licence tab. The reason i am asking is because i cannot replicate this on V15.5 SP2(15.5.6354.2)
    when using the clear function of the web client. The only fields that get cleared are the first name, last name email and mobile number. Outbound caller ID if defined remains on the extension once it is cleared.

4. buillett

I’m using build 15.5.6354.2. I haven’t attempted to re-enter outbound caller id’s in about two weeks, but last I tried caller id’s are still getting cleared at check-out. I’ll enter them again now and see later this morning if the issue presents itself again.

5. buillett

I've re-entered all my outbound CID's and it appears that the field is no longer being cleared, so fingers crossed, the issue is resolved.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Keep an eye on it and report back if the issue comes back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.