• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How To Stop Ring All Mobile Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

garn

Customer
Reaction score
On 15.5 SP4 currently, and I have an interesting situation.

We have a site wide ring all setup based on an inbound DID for use when the building alarm is triggered.

We have some users that use the call forwarding feature at the handset level on their Yealink T46G desk phones. I've also dug through the call forwarding features built into 3CX itself.

Is there any conceivable way to prevent particular call queue's or DID's from being forwarded externally? I haven't been able to find anything yet..

Reactions: craigreilly
Unfortunately there is no way to distinguish between numbers dialled by an extension, or those forwarded from an extension. Otherwise you could created outbound rules that would block numbers based on the originating extension.

Since ring group calls do not following individual extension call forward rules, you might send the DID call to a ring group consisting of those extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.