How to support voip and analog together?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by markv, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markv

Can someone explain how to support ringing at both a voip phone and an anlog line together? We have a customer using analog handhelds which respond on the same extension number as there desk voip phone.

Should I do difficult tricks like creating groups or is there an easy solution like for example assigning the same extension numer twice?

Greets, Mark.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I actually have 2 SIP handsets in my office that ring the same extension, especially when I am testing.
    You should be easily able to assign an analog adapter and a SIP phone to the same extension.
    One of the two will need to be manually set-up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Having multiple VoIP PBX extensions (or even just VoIP phones with the same phone number) is called SIP forking. Some PBX's/VoIP providers allow it, some don't...3CX does.

If you want to use an analogue set in the VoIP world, you have to use an ATA (analogue Telephone Adapter) with it. I'm not sure if there is a limit, but a number of devices, VoIP phones and ATA's, can be assigned the same extension number, and will ring simultaneously when called.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can use an ATA and setup as the same extension as the desk phone and both will ring, vice versa you can assign the analog lin a different extension. When registering your ATA with Analog device you will be able to assign that device to any extension youd like.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.