Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to switch a call between phones

Discussion in 'Android' started by rreisbick, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rreisbick

I have not been able to figure out how to switch a call between my cell phone and my office phone. They are both at the same extension. Basically I want to be able to take a call I'm on and switch phones. If I come into the office with a call on the mobile then I would like to place it on hold and switch to the office phone and visa-verse.

Where would this be in the manual?

Thanks
    Richard Reisbick

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are talking about a call that has been forwarded to your cell phone, then I don't believe you can. It is not a 3CX extension, therefore you cannot invoke 3CX options such as transfer or parking a call. Once the call goes to your cell phone, (as far as I'm aware), all you can do is hang up.

If it is a call to the 3CX phone (extension off the 3CX PBX), then you can either transfer the call to the same extension (options on the extension, in 3CX PBX, must be set to allow this), or you can park the call, then retrieve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.