• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to tell if a handset can "page"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahren

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

We are looking to upgrade our phones in the coming year and one feature we'd very much like to have is Paging so that we can make announcements over our phones.

I've found the documentation about setting up paging in 3CX and I understand that not all phones are able to perform this function.

My question is: is there a list of phones that can successfully use the paging function in 3CX some where or some easy way to tell whether a handset is capable?

Go with Multicast in my opinion.
Grandstream and Yealink can do this - although the Grandstream are not supported.
I am sure others support this.
With multicast you can also set up a Paging Adapter if you have an existing warehouse paging system.

Reactions: ahren
Excellent! I was already looking at the Yealink T42G's so that makes things easier!

One of my clients uses this feature in their school. It is setup with multicast. It has turned out to be very useful as several options are opened up including just paging. Page can be setup for one phone, a group of phones, or all phones. This is a private school that uses it for morning announcements extensively.

Another capability not talked about very much is intercom which can also go to one phone, a group of phones, or all phones. This is great for many situations but one in particular is at night when someone is being searched for. An extension is used to intercom all phones turning on all speakers and microphones to which wherever the person is, they can yell to the nearest phone as to their location. A sidetrack to this is that one can intercom another extension to which that extension's phone auto turns on microphone and camera without anyone knowing. It allows the principle to listen in to any classroom and the teacher without disturbance.

They use exclusively the Grandstream GXV3275 and love them. Of course the drawback is that 3CX refuses to support Grandstream.

I apologize for the long answer and no, I don't work for 3CX nor Grandstream. Just an evangelist for the breakthrough technology for the masses.

One of my clients uses this feature in their school. It is setup with multicast. It has turned out to be very useful as several options are opened up including just paging. Page can be setup for one phone, a group of phones, or all phones. This is a private school that uses it for morning announcements extensively.

Another capability not talked about very much is intercom which can also go to one phone, a group of phones, or all phones. This is great for many situations but one in particular is at night when someone is being searched for. An extension is used to intercom all phones turning on all speakers and microphones to which wherever the person is, they can yell to the nearest phone as to their location. A sidetrack to this is that one can intercom another extension to which that extension's phone auto turns on microphone and camera without anyone knowing. It allows the principle to listen in to any classroom and the teacher without disturbance.

They use exclusively the Grandstream GXV3275 and love them. Of course the drawback is that 3CX refuses to support Grandstream.

I apologize for the long answer and no, I don't work for 3CX nor Grandstream. Just an evangelist for the breakthrough technology for the masses.

How have you provisioned the Grandstream GXV3275? do you have a copy of a provisioning template?

Yes, the Grandstream GXV3275 phones are provisioned via 3CX. Create a support ticket on Grandstream's site for the latest template. Grandstream most certainly maintains the provisioning templates for 3CX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.