How to tell if a handset can "page"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ahren, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahren

Hello,

We are looking to upgrade our phones in the coming year and one feature we'd very much like to have is Paging so that we can make announcements over our phones.

I've found the documentation about setting up paging in 3CX and I understand that not all phones are able to perform this function.

My question is: is there a list of phones that can successfully use the paging function in 3CX some where or some easy way to tell whether a handset is capable?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Go with Multicast in my opinion.
    Grandstream and Yealink can do this - although the Grandstream are not supported.
    I am sure others support this.
    With multicast you can also set up a Paging Adapter if you have an existing warehouse paging system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ahren likes this.
  3. ahren

Excellent! I was already looking at the Yealink T42G's so that makes things easier!

4. michaelholt

One of my clients uses this feature in their school. It is setup with multicast. It has turned out to be very useful as several options are opened up including just paging. Page can be setup for one phone, a group of phones, or all phones. This is a private school that uses it for morning announcements extensively.

Another capability not talked about very much is intercom which can also go to one phone, a group of phones, or all phones. This is great for many situations but one in particular is at night when someone is being searched for. An extension is used to intercom all phones turning on all speakers and microphones to which wherever the person is, they can yell to the nearest phone as to their location. A sidetrack to this is that one can intercom another extension to which that extension's phone auto turns on microphone and camera without anyone knowing. It allows the principle to listen in to any classroom and the teacher without disturbance.

They use exclusively the Grandstream GXV3275 and love them. Of course the drawback is that 3CX refuses to support Grandstream.

I apologize for the long answer and no, I don't work for 3CX nor Grandstream. Just an evangelist for the breakthrough technology for the masses.

ahren and craigreilly like this.
  5. Taff3333

How have you provisioned the Grandstream GXV3275? do you have a copy of a provisioning template?

6. michaelholt

Yes, the Grandstream GXV3275 phones are provisioned via 3CX. Create a support ticket on Grandstream's site for the latest template. Grandstream most certainly maintains the provisioning templates for 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.