• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

how to unregister a line or suspend 3cx service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rewing

Reaction score
I run 3cx phone system on our PC and there's also a VMware trixbox runing on the same PC. however sometimes I'd like to test trixbox and I would like to tempatory stop the 3cx service. How can I make it?

No "ON / OFF" button that I know of :D

For myself I find it easy to backup server then delete lines - extensions wouldn't matter for me since I only want to make sure no dual login for my VoIP providers. I restore from backup when I wish to resume.

You can read through this thread http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1884&highlight=restart+3CX and use the section on stopping services only I presume.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rewing,

You can create a icon call "STOP 3CX" at your desktop then link to the batch file as below:
rem *** Batch file for STOP 3CX ****
net stop "3CX PhoneSystem"
net stop "3CXPhoneSystemWebServer"
net stop 3cxivr
net stop "3CX PhoneSystem Media Server"
net stop 3cxvboxmgr
net stop "3CX PhoneSystem Database Server"

Then create another icon call "START 3CX" at your desktop then link to the batch file as below:
rem *** Batch file for START 3CX ****
net start "3CX PhoneSystem Database Server"
net start 3cxvboxmgr
net start "3CX PhoneSystem Media Server"
net start 3cxivr
net start "3CXPhoneSystemWebServer"
net start "3CX PhoneSystem"

Finally, you had been created 2 icons at your desktop (STOP 3CX and START 3CX).

Ricky has the best solution, but if you want you can do it another way:

Administrator tools -> Services

Look for all the 3CX ones, click on them and then select stop (or start for restarting).

Like I said, Ricky has the most elegant and convenient way!

Ry

I have to say I have just used the method suggested by Ricky and it was indeed simple and elegant, thank you :eek:

I hope 3CX catches on and include in new version.

Is a Start/Stop button in the 3CX Phonesystem really that useful? What do you guys think of this? Basically, the management of the PBX is intended for the usage of an Admnistrator. We designed it this way so that the Administrator has the flexibility to stop or restart the services he/she needs only. Example sometimes I need the IVR service stopped only. With a Start/Stop button all 6 services will be stopped. The batch file removes this flexibility. However, in Ricky's setup, there is a bit of both worlds - the batch file which is quicker+comfortable and the services to start/stop individual services.

Interesting where that the administrator of the system, the services individually START/STOPT can.

The 3CX PBX is very ussefull for many people, but sometimes and in some issues is necesary to restart the all the services or only one of them.

Perhaps just a seperate page in the control panel with all services listed with a start / stop button next to it so you only reset what is needed?

Ry

Yes thats I mean...

Thanks all you guys! I hope this feature could be included in next version!

Unregister a line

Hi All;

Adding controls to stop/start the services is a good idea...

It would be very useful, especially during the testing phase to have the ability to "unregister" a line - or have he ability to mark a line as "inactive"

Mike D.

All users are not expected the PABX indeed to reboot regularity. Under testing phase should be OK. At production phase, it should be unacceptable.

I like the idea. It could help cover those instances where you don't have access to the services of the server and only the webpage (say a mobile PC) and you just need to restart one or two or even all of them.
If it's not to tough, I'd like to see a start/stop/restart of all the services indivually and an All feature. With the excpetion of the webserver of course.... or once it's stopped you couldn't restart it.

nickybrg said:
Is a Start/Stop button in the 3CX Phonesystem really that useful? What do you guys think of this? Basically, the management of the PBX is intended for the usage of an Admnistrator. We designed it this way so that the Administrator has the flexibility to stop or restart the services he/she needs only. Example sometimes I need the IVR service stopped only. With a Start/Stop button all 6 services will be stopped. The batch file removes this flexibility. However, in Ricky's setup, there is a bit of both worlds - the batch file which is quicker+comfortable and the services to start/stop individual services.

With the excpetion of the webserver of course.... or once it's stopped you couldn't restart it.

In that case the APACHE webserver would have the option to restart only. It won't be able to START/STOP.

Example i'm thinking of suggesting the following :
a list of the 3cx services - Phonesystem (Database will be joined to the phonesystem. Stopping the phonesystem will stop the DB and vice versa)
Digital Receptionist,
Media srv, and
VMail manager

We will have 3 buttons - start/stop and restart next to the above services.
Then there will be Apache at the bottom - webserver and RESTART button only next to it. Start and Stop will not be part of the available actions for Apache.

There will be indicators next to each service name that will change like there is in the main screen - Green = server is running, Red = service is stopped and Amber = Suspended or something of the sort. What do you guys think?

Any other suggestions? These are preliminary requests right - they depend on other future requests and consultation with the team but it is useful I must say. Especially it avoids RDP on the server if you are in a remote position, it saves time because I must say that to restart all 6 services is a bit timely - rights issue, start, run, services.msc, restart individual service etc.
We can also add a button at the top - Start/stop/restart that will affect ALL the services at once

Like this you will have the option to affect all services at one go with a click of a button or effect individual services also with a click of a button.

Software makers who listen to their customers - how refreshing!!
Big thanks to you guys for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.