How to update custom firmware versions through 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cpontus, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpontus

Hi,

I see that 3CX now pulls firmware for phones automatically. Nice feature but how do I load in a different version besides what is provided? I used to have beta firmwares from Yealink to test specific issues. Also, how does one update firmware from 3CX when their maintenance is gone?

Chris

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

v11 or v12
    Settings - Phone Provisioning - IP Phone Firmware - Doubleclick Directory to save it in - Add Firmware

This seems to be available in the Management Console as well as the Web Portal in v11 and v12.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you want to load different versions do it from the phone web interface.
    Without maintenance, again - You will need figure out what firmware you need to put, use the phone's web interface, and if you have a problem with the phone you will need to contact the manufacturer because 3CX support engineers are instructed to check whether the phone has the 3CX Approved firmware. So you should not even think of not getting maintenance.

Just like I never think twice about maintenance for software that I use on a daily basis for my development.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cpontus

Thanks, I've never seen/used the firmware from that location, always directly from the Update Firmware screen. Maybe I did something wrong but I used to just put the firmware in the right folder location on the server and they would show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.