How to update IP of 3cx.us domain

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by azarett, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azarett

I changed service providers, and now I get an email from the system telling me my registered IP doesn't match my 3cx.us domain name.

How do I change the public ip for 3cx.us domain ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. azarett

Thanks, but no, that doesn't address the issue ( I could do a backup / restore, but I don't think that helps.
    I DID change the ip within 3cx config, and its working ok. The ssl cert with the host name is new (I think that came in v15 ?) the install wizard generates a cert with the 3cx.us domain, and sets the DNS record during setup. I'm trying to change the DNS record, but no documentation seems to exist for this.

When I previously tried to un install / reinstall, it told me the host name didn't match my ip / license. when I tried to make a new hostname, it told me my license key already had a hostname generated.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

when creating a 3CX FQDN a DNS entry is created pointing your FQDN to the public IP you chose during the installation. If for ever reason this PUBLIC IP changes then you can navigate to settings/network and change the setting to dynamic Public IP. Restart services and then go back and set the settings back to static IP and restart services again. This will update the public IP and the DNS entry but the DNS propagation could take several hours.

6. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

I have called support on this in the past, and the above fix worked with one extra step. Before restarting the services, edit the license and then apply, even without making changes this updates something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.