• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to upgrade from v8 to v10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelD

Reaction score
Hello all.

I need to upgrade from v8 to v10. What's the process to do that? Is there an upgrade guide somewhere?

And a followup question. If, for some reason, v10 doesn't work out, what do I have to do to get back to v8?

Thanks for you help.

You don't say if you are using the free or a paid version.

Make two backups of your current setup, just to be sure. I always do mine to a couple of USB sticks to avoid any loss in the event I ever have a hard drive crash/corruption. Make sure you still have a download of version 8, just in case you need to go back.

Install version 10, it will remove version 8, run the checker at the end to be sure it has all be taken out. Reboot the computer, run the version 10 installer again, apply the backup you made earlier. If you have a licence key, apply it.

In a worse case scenario, you can re-install version 8 and apply the backup.

Paid version.

Thanks for the reply. :)

I'm assuming that the licence key (moving from 8 to 10) is not an issue then.

If you have any hesitation, then do this after office hours on a Friday, then you have all weekend to deal with any unexpected surprises (not that you will have any).

good comments Leejor, when upgrading from V8 to V10 you will need to backup and restore from V8 to V10 to overcome any issues with database changes etc. Best thing to do is go from V8 to V9 backup, then go to V9 SP5 and backup then go to V10 and restore. Going from V8 to V10 without upgrades between can and will cause problems, if you need help and have a paid license do contact the proper support channels along the way. Good luck!!!

Sorry, hadn't seen anything previously about the need to go through version 9 if upgrading from 8 to 10. I remember that it was recommended to go through version 8 when going from 7 to 9.

I didn't, (just went from 7 to 9) but it worked for me. I was prepared to take everything out and begin again, if need be.

I guess I should have added some important information here, if you are upgrading from a backup only is this necessary. Fresh install from 8 to 10 wouldn't need to go through the versions 8-10.

Well I didn't do that. I deinstalled 8 and loaded up 10 and restored. However, because of changes in phone locations, I ended up deleting all the extensions and starting over there.

Other than I can't get paging to work, I don't see any problems yet. Is there something I should look out for? I don't yet see any errors in the logs.

did you try the suggestion in your other post about paging?

'if you want to configure the phone manually, look for "´Answer After´ Policy" setting in the Snom (it is at the "Behaviour" tab of Advanced settings).'

nbailey said:
did you try the suggestion in your other post about paging?

I went to try it, but don't have that setting in Advanced->Behavior

If I am correct... You can find this setting in >> Advanced Settings >> Behavior >> Intercom Policy

http://wiki.snom.com/wiki/index.php/Settings/answer_after_policy
If the Answer-After SIP header should be taken into account in order to allow auto answering behavior like intercom, this option may be set to "always" or "only in idle". With "off" it is disabled.

complex1 said:
If I am correct... You can find this setting in >> Advanced Settings >> Behavior >> Intercom Policy.

I have...
Type of Intercom Answering set to: Handsfree
Intercom Policy: only in idle
...set for all phones.

And I have ring group set up with strategy = paging, but when I dial that group all the phones ring instead of page.

MichaelD said:
Intercom Policy: only in idle
Probably you did this already, but have you tried to set the Intercom Policy to “always”?
Does it make any difference?

complex1 said:
Probably you did this already, but have you tried to set the Intercom Policy to “always”?
Does it make any difference?

I did try that, and no luck.

Have you tried this?
http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:Intercom

complex1 said:
Have you tried this?
http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:Intercom

No, but that wasn't necessary in v8, and paging worked fine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.