How to use Cisco Handsets with V15 - Remote STUN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robthewizz, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robthewizz

3CX V15 has removed support for Cisco handsets to be provisioned remotely, here is a guide to enable it again.

1. 1. First go open "C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Bin\nginx\conf\nginx.conf" in notepad and find:
      You can either remove all the allow and deny lines or to maintain security you can add in the public IP's where your handsets are located. Save this file once you have made changes and move on to the next step.
    • 3. Now when selecting a Cisco handset for provisioning in the extension settings you will be able to select the option "Direct SIP (STUN - remote)", this will now allow you to provision the handset remotely.

I have tested this with a Cisco SPA 504G and a Cisco SPA 303, both work fine remotely and work with the 3CX App in CTI mode. If anyone has any issues let me know and I will help you out.

Rob

2. choksw

Hi Rob,

Can you re-share the template as an attachment here? Can't seem to access your google drive link.

Thanks!

3. robthewizz

Here you go.

Attached Files:

4. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Why remove it?

5. SystemWise

Hello Rob,

Where are the files in the Linux version?

Cheers,

Tony

6. Micahel

Hello Rob,

I'm not sure if you will even see this but i have made the specified changes you mentioned above but i am still unable to provision the cisco handsets.
    I have added both of my WAN IP addresses to the nginx file and i have also used the provisioning template you have attached.
    Nothing I do seems to work.
    I am also using 3CX V15.5 so im not sure if this will no longer work.

Can you please help me out with this or if anyone had that same problem I currently have could help that would be much appreciated.

7. robthewizz

Hi Michael,

Can you post on here or message me your "C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Bin\nginx\conf\nginx.conf" file please. Will take a look let you know if there's anything wrong.

Regards,

Rob

8. robthewizz

Sorry just seen this, I haven't had a chance to play with the Linux version yet, will get a guide uploaded in the next month.

Rob

9. Micahel

Thanks for the reply Rob, I have finally managed to get it working. i was missing a ; at the end of the allowed ip address.
    With this change do you know if it will work with SBC or just STUN?

Regards
    Michael

10. Micahel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.