How to use Ring4.wav on Yealink T46G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

Not sure if this is a 3CX or Yealink issue. We have 3CXv14 and Yealink T46G phones. Before the upgrade to v14, we used Ring4.wav for Automatic Pickup, where the system automatically unparks a parked call. We have this option set to send the call to the extension that originally parked the call. This ringtone was set to Ring4.wav so the receptionist could easily tell it was a parked call, not a new incoming call.

Since the upgrade to v14, I can't seem to get this to work. The provisioning file still has the parameters that specify Ring4.wav, but our T46G phones don't respect that.

Any ideas?

2. engin411

engin411 New Member

From the v14 T46G template:
    #Configure the text to map the keywords contained in the "Alert-info" header.
    #distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.X.text = family
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.1.text =
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.2.text = external
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.3.text = international
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.4.text = national
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.5.text = local
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.6.text = queue
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.7.text = ivr
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.8.text =
    distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.9.text =

Did any of the text in the "Alert-info" header change? On v12, we used Ring1 and Ring4, but now the phones only respect the Ring1 on a local incoming call. For a call that is unparked and sent back to the phone, the phones don't respect Ring4, which was the "queue" setting on v12.

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I jut tried this on a V12 a had lying around and when an extension got a callback from a SP slot there was no Alert-Info in the INVITE, so I am not sure has this was happening on V12.

4. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks. Are you able to post what you see in v14? That might help too. Or where would I find this in 3CX?

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Its the same in V14, no Alert-Info tab. This is an INVITE from V14 from the SP0 calling back ext 109 and as you can see there is no Alert-Info. Without an Alert-Info I cannot think of a way for the phone to play a distinct ringtone for these calls...

Attached Files:

6. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thank you. Is Alert-Info something I can configure as a custom paramenter?

I believe our staff have had to set the Ring4 ringtone manually on their phones. I want to eliminate having to touch each phone to do this. I hope to find a way to do it on the server, globally, and/or with the provisioning template.

7. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Let me know where in the phone they are picking Ring4 and I can give you something to add to the XML template in 3CX to set it automatically for you.

If they set through the web interface just let me know which setting, if done through the phone let me know what menu option they choose.

There are several places to put this in the web interface just let me know what they do manually to make it work the way you want and I can reproduce that for you with a template change.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. engin411

engin411 New Member

They do it through the phone. Menu-Basic-Sound-Ringtones-Common.

Thank you!

9. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

On your 3CX server go to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones and edit "yealinkT4x.ph.xml" with notepad.

Search for "phone_setting.ring_type =" and change the line to

phone_setting.ring_type = Ring4.wav

Save the file and re-provision the phone in 3CX Management Console, Phones tab.

One word of caution, if you go to 3CX Management Console, Updates, Phone Provisioning Updates and pull in a new template for the Yealink T46G it will over-write this change. Also updating service packs or versions will over-write it.

You can avoid the over-write by creating a copy of this xml file to a new name and modifying the phone names at the top.

EG:
    <model ua="SIP-T46G">Yealink T46 CUSTOM</model>

You then re-start your web server (IIS or Abyss) and then in 3CX Management Console choose the new template under Extensions/Provisioning. Then re-provision the phone.

Generally speaking if you only make minor changes to the XML file you should write them down and when 3CX updates the templates manually re-apply your changes to it. That way your phones will always run with the newest 3CX templates which is the preferred/supported method.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.