Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to use TFTP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alliedbs, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alliedbs

anyone know how to use the TFTP to connect to the cisco ip phone. Please Advise. Thanks.....

2. sipero123

Hi,

I've little internet access at present but if you search on the forums you'll find the postings that i and others have made on this.

Jonathan Hamon

3. discovery1

discovery1 Member

It's the other way around - you use a TFTP server and the Cisco phone connects to it upon start-up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. home

Hi
    First of all you need a TFTP server, I would recommend Solarwinds from http://www.solarwinds.com ( its free )

Secondly, once you have installed Solarwinds you need to go to the "File" tab and then "Configure" and then "Security" and select "Send and Receive Files".
    Solarwinds is now configured and ready to go, you need to place your SIPDefault.cnf , SIP(Mac).cnf and your SIP image in your TFTP root folder.

Now you need to make sure your DHCP server setting are correct, under "Scope Options" you need option 003 Router, 006 DNS Servers and 066 BootServer Host Name,

With all this setup power on your Cisco phone and hold down the "#" button until it says "Reset key sequence detected", then enter "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,star,0,hash" then press "2" and phone will say "Factory Reset Initiated". This forces the phone to get a new dhcp lease and therefore pick up all the above settings.

If all works okay the phone should optain all its network setting from the DHCP server and its SIP image and SIP setting from the TFTP server.

I hope this helps.

5. Alliedbs

Can anyone tell me where to look for "Scope Options" under windows xp home and i how to load the file to the TFTP servers?? Please Advise.

6. home

Hi
    Windows XP does not have a DHCP Server, only Windows Server Editions come with this, with regards to the files for TFTP, you normally just copy and paste your files into the TFTP Root folder created by the install in the root of C:

7. Discovery Technology

There are several free downloadable DHCP Servers available that can run on Windows XP - I have used one called "Dualserver" for my demo environment - works well enough and you can set the TFTP server option for your Cisco handsets, so it comes in very handy...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.