Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved How to view which number a caller has dialed?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mamo, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamo

Hi, I have multiple numbers that are routed to the same extension (one single-number SIP-account that gets connected directly to my personal extension and another trunk with two DID-numbers which also directly connect to my personal phone). Now when someone is calling, I can only see the number of the person who is calling but not the number he/she has dialed to reach me. Also in the 3CX management console the call logs only state "from" and "to" but no "via".

Any advice where/how I can get this information? Preferable via the 3CX-App on Android.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Presumably you have inbound rules and if you name the rule, the rule name will show. So for each route provide a unique name that you can identify to a number. Some phones may not have enough real estate space to show all that you want as their displays may be limited.

YiannisH_3CX and mamo like this.
  3. mamo

Thank you very much!
    I do have inbound rules, but apparently I never gave them any name. Changing this did indeed solve my problem. :)

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to issue has been resolved. Just as an added information, you can control this behaviour and have the inbound rule name prepended, appended or not shown at all by navigating to Contacts / Options and choosing the desired option from the "Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID" section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.