• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to Xfer call Cisco SPA504g

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenMasta

Forum User
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to transfer a call with cisco SPA504g phones.

I have used the default 3cx template to provision the phones. When I am on a call I see an XFER button so when I push that the call goes on hold then says enter a number. I proceed to enter an extension and hit dial. The extension rings and we can talk to each other, but there is no transfer, the original call is still on hold with the extension that answered the call.

So far the only successful transfer I have been able to make is if I answer the call with 3cx phone and push the transfer button. That works just fine (I assume the 3cx soft phone does a blind transfer) the 3cx client I was using was on a remote computer not in the office and I had no sound.

ZenMasta said:
When I am on a call I see an XFER button so when I push that the call goes on hold then says enter a number. I proceed to enter an extension and hit dial. The extension rings and we can talk to each other, but there is no transfer, the original call is still on hold with the extension that answered the call.

That would be an attended transfer. You would announce the caller and then hang up. The caller on hold should then be connected to the extension you dialed. Is it not working that way?

It doesn't seem to be working.
Here is my recreation
incoming call
I pickup on ext 101
Press XFER
Dial 100

100 picks up hand set, we can talk.
I hang up handset on 101
100 sees disconnect on screen.

I think I'd rather use Blind Transfrer because we don't transfer here unless we know the person is available.
But its probably best to try solve this before I modify a provision template.

Okay so I figured out the problem.

After the other extension picks up I have to hit the xfer button again, I can live with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.