Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to Xfer call Cisco SPA504g

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZenMasta, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I'm trying to figure out how to transfer a call with cisco SPA504g phones.

I have used the default 3cx template to provision the phones. When I am on a call I see an XFER button so when I push that the call goes on hold then says enter a number. I proceed to enter an extension and hit dial. The extension rings and we can talk to each other, but there is no transfer, the original call is still on hold with the extension that answered the call.

So far the only successful transfer I have been able to make is if I answer the call with 3cx phone and push the transfer button. That works just fine (I assume the 3cx soft phone does a blind transfer) the 3cx client I was using was on a remote computer not in the office and I had no sound.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That would be an attended transfer. You would announce the caller and then hang up. The caller on hold should then be connected to the extension you dialed. Is it not working that way?

3. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

It doesn't seem to be working.
    Here is my recreation
    incoming call
    I pickup on ext 101
    Press XFER
    Dial 100

100 picks up hand set, we can talk.
    I hang up handset on 101
    100 sees disconnect on screen.

I think I'd rather use Blind Transfrer because we don't transfer here unless we know the person is available.
    But its probably best to try solve this before I modify a provision template.

4. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

Okay so I figured out the problem.

After the other extension picks up I have to hit the xfer button again, I can live with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.