How to?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chris123, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris123

Hi all.
    I'm wanting to use 3CX as a telephone PBX for my company. I'm using VOIP Provider freespeech, and I've connected it so it registers as idle with the green symbol. All well and good there. But I need to know how to do the following:

I have to link 2 other computers up to the one I have the actual phone system WIRELESSLY. I don't use IP phones, I use softphones. I'll install 3CX's softphone on them both when I've been informed how to remotely access my 3CX phone system from them.

1.I need to firstly get a laptop and desktop computer wirelessly linked up to the 3CX phone system. Telling me how to use a remote IP for this would be handy :)
    But I don't know how you do this.

2. I need to link it up to 3CX softphone.

3.I need to set up a virtual receptionist to forward calls to the right person for each department

4. Can I customise on hold music?

Okay. Here is another problem. I have yet another computer to wirelessly link to the system. A Macbook Pro. How would I do that? Using another softphone for mac?

Thanks!
    -Chris A

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

1. Are you talking about computers on the same LAN as the 3CX computer, or running "outside" the office?
    2. You need to install 3CX softphone on the computers. yes.
    3. Read the manual , if you don't understand it, then post your specific problem on the forum.
    4. Yes, read the manual or do a search of the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.