Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How whould I change ntp settings on debian 3cx?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pete S, Oct 19, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete S

Hi!

I was wondering where I should change the ntp server settings on debian 3cx?
    Should I change in 3cx settings or in the linux OS?

I found a custom setting under Settings > Parameters > TIME_NTP_SERVER but I don't know how to change it. Web interface only seems to be able to remove it.

Otherwise in the OS the settings are in the /etc/ntp.conf file.

Searching the forums with "ntp" is not possible and I only found how to do it on older versions and windows.

Thanks!

- Pete

PS. Reason I want to change it is that we have a local NTP server and I'm tightening the firewall rules.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Pete S

The parameter setting you are referring is for the phone provisioning so you can change that to your local NTP, restart services and reprovision the phones so the change is applied

John Ranger likes this.
  3. Pete S

OK, great! I'll change on both then!

4. John Ranger

Hi Pete S,

yes - it is always advisable to Keep the OS underneath the 3CX central in time-sync with your master NTP Server (or the Internet time at http://www.pool.ntp.org/).

Or - if you have your 3CX os virtualized, Keep the VM in time sync via the guest Integration Tools of your virtualization solution and make sure that your virtualization host is time-synched via NTP.

With Kind regards,

John

Pete S and NickD_3CX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.