• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

HowTo Guide: LDAP services + 3CX + Cisco IP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnaud

Reaction score
Hi,
after strugling some time to get it to work, I just thought it could be helpful for you all to share my experiences and write a HowTo about setting up your 3CX server as a LDAP server, so Cisco IP phones in your network can pull directory information from it. It'll also work on external LDAP servers (I just preferred to run it on the same box, after all in my case it's just a home network)

The attached file contains some of the needed files, plus an install.txt file describing the necessary steps.
I could unfortunately not attach all files, due to upload size limitation. Added a link in the install.txt file though, pointing to where you can find these files.

With a LDAP server in the network, I only have to maintain one addressbook, and both my CIsco IP-phones (7960) as well as the outlook email clients all can pull information from it.

Hope this is helpful for other users trying to do the same thing. Drop a private message or a reply, should you have some questions.

Regards,
Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

This is excellent stuff! Thank you so much. Maybe we publish it on our site? We can include a link to your website, blog, company as a thank you note...

Thanx man, it is realy helpful

Sounds realy good, my only question is:

If i use this Guide, setting up an LDAP Service with a Cisco 7960 and someone whos adress is saved on the ldap server give me a call, do is see his name, saved on the phonebook or do i only see his number?

Because thats my problem with the phonebook I'm using at the moment.... :-(

Hi, I'm afraid the ldap setup won't provide a solution for your problem. It's like other address book options; it allows you to manually search through the addressbook on your ldap server. I'm afraid that it might not be possible to have the phone trigger a lookup script based on incoming call information.

thank you for your rush answer, do you think it would be possible to write such a direktory lookup "trigger"?
At the moment, I'm using the directory from thelastinstance, they provide such a trigger vor asterisk but i don't think, that these trigger would help me solving my problem ...

I would love to know if anyones worked out a way to do a lookup on incoming numbers so if matched the caller name can be displayed.

Cheers Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.