Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Howto setup the intercom in v6

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Spyklee, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyklee

Hello,

I've testing the intercom option according to the http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXExtensionmanual6.pdf but the extension I'm trying to page is ringing instead of enabling the speaker.

I've configured the Linksys 942 'Regional setting Paging Code attribute' to *9 (equal to de PABX value) and changed the Dail Plan to [x*]. as mentioned in http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/linksys-SPA-921.html. The LinkSys allows auto pages according to the preferences.

How do I setup the intercom option to function correctly?

Cheers!

Eric

2. KrisHansen

I just double checked our Linksys 962 & it works. Just to cover the basics:

- The syntax is *9<ext> so if the Linksys is on 100 you dial : *9100
    - This will only work in the Commercial Version, Free wont intercom
    - I tested a 962, your 941 may be different

I didnt edit the default dial strings on mine, but I will say I have had other brands of phones do this where they ring instead of break through on speaker.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Spyklee

I tested it with the same extension over and over.
    Seems there was something wrong with this specific extension. I removed it and added is it again. Works fine now.

Thanks for all your replies.

Cheers! Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.