Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

HT-503 behind an analog PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hacktek, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hacktek

So this is kind of weird but bear with me here. We are trying to have a controlled test of VoIP and 3CX with a small group of people using an HT-503. I've gotten it to register with 3CX and have been able to do internal voip calling just fine. The problem is going outside.

The analog phone is plugged into the HT-503 and the FXO port goes into the wall jack, which then goes into an Analog PBX, like so:

SIP phone<->3CX PBX<->HT503<->analogue PBX<->PSTN

Without the HT we have to press 9 to get to the PSTN. With the HT we have to press 9 to get to the PBX and then 9 again to get to the PSTN.

The most i can get to is to the analog PBX (by calling 9 with the soft phone, i see the "phone" light go on in the HT) but i cannot reach the outside world. I would imagine this should be possible, i just need a push in the right direction.

In the log i get mostly 403s when i attempt to reach the PSTN.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It very well may be a dialplan problem, but, connecting to a PBX rather than a POTS line can present additional issues. Most ATA's are defaulted for a POTS line, they expect to see about 48 volts DC when the line is idle. If the voltage is lower , like 24 VDC that some PBX's put out, then the ATA thinks the line is in use and won't put the call through. That is usually a setting you can change in the ATA. The other problem is that some older PBX's require that you wait for a second dialtone before dialing the outside number. If you send the whole number, 9 and all, at one time,as the ATA will, the board will miss a few digits and the call will fail.

3. hacktek

Thanks for your response leejor.

I have verified that the analog pbx at work dials when the entire number is sent out at once, it can be easily verified by dialing out (9+number) and then trying to call again using "redial" on the phone. It works fine.

I know that this is a strange setup but i can't do it any other way since i cannot get rid of out analog pbx just yet.

Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would probably help if you posted a 3Cx log of the attempted outgoing call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.