Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

HT-503 versus SPA-3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HatchITMan, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatchITMan

I have been struggling with echo on a Linksys SPA-3102 for some time. I have followed all the recommendations on all the forums and sites, and have found that the line impedance setting makes the most difference, but after an unimaginable number of tweaks I have not managed to get acceptable call quality, to the extent that my co-workers think that 3CX is a waste of time!

I have been wondering if the Grandstream HT-503, the replacement, I believe, for the HT-488, is any better in this department? Using a Voip provider (Sipgate), performance of the system is ideal once the router is set up properly, so the weak area for a low-cost system does appear to be the PSTN gateway.

If anyone has any experience with the HT-488 or the HT-503, can they let us know, plese?

On another note, I spent a while getting the 3102 to dial out. Once I had set the dial tones correctly in the Regional tab, everything went well, until the echo hit....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. galal202

galal202 New Member

My opinion : the pstn voice in ht503 better than spa3102
    but I got 2 problems with ht503
    1 - openning the pstn line although no one pickup the call
    2 - caller id issues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.