• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

HT488 fxs port dial-out problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankblan1

Reaction score
I have configured a GrandStream Handytone-488; POTS (FXO) works fine, and the FXS port on it can call other extensions. Problem is, if I dial on the outside line from the FXS, I get a busy tone returned. I tried using # to send and then taking it out; nothing. I know my routing is correct for PSTN because I can do it from any phone (iPhone, softphone) without any problem.

Also, will the FXS port always ring no matter what?

I'm assuming that the call you are dialling is going back through 3CX then attempting to go out on the FXO port? Some of the combination FXS/FXO devices have settings to allow calls from the FXS port to go out on the FXO without passing through 3CX, I'm not sure if that is your problem, but.....

Check your settings and post a 3CX log of one of the failed calls.

yankblan1 said:
Also, will the FXS port always ring no matter what?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Thanks leejor;

yeah, in the meantime found a parameter in the ATA that specifies a line access code (default *00, changed it to 9) that works fine.

As for my second comment, I meant that the phone on the FXS port will always ring when a call comes on the FXO port. Also having probleme configuring where I can make the incoming call rings; easy to set up but it seems the FWD in the ATA has priority on anything else, and if I make it longer, the 3CX still doesn't handle the call, only the ATA.

If someone has toyed a bit with the HT-488, let me know. As far as the telephony side of 3CX, been working on regular PBX/KSU/IP PBX for 10+ years, so that's not too scary ;)

yankblan1 said:
As for my second comment, I meant that the phone on the FXS port will always ring when a call comes on the FXO port. Also having probleme configuring where I can make the incoming call rings; easy to set up but it seems the FWD in the ATA has priority on anything else, and if I make it longer, the 3CX still doesn't handle the call, only the ATA.

I used to have that Grandstream, but unfortunately it died on me a while back. There is a parameter to allow calls coming in to ring on the FXS port, obviously that is set to allow them on your unit. There should also be a setting to "forward" any incoming calls to the trunk number in 3CX.

Someone has put together a PDF of setting up a 488 with 3CX...http://178.61.0.78/procedures/PBX%203CX%20and%20Grandstream%20Setup%20HT488%20for%203CX.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.