HT812 - Any Suggestions how to get started

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mark Thompson, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mark Thompson

Hi All

I have a Grand Stream HT812. Im quite desperate to try and get it working in 3cx. I realize its not officially supported but a lot of google sees suggestions (But no answers) that it is possible to manually configure this.

How do i go about doing so? Just making receiving calls would be great.

So far ive tried:
    1.)Add an Extension in 3CX.

2.) Configure the HT812 to use the 3CX ip as sip server and provided username and password as given for authentication with phones in the Extensions details.

The HT812 just sits at Not registered. Im new to 3CX so would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Local LAN or in the cloud?
    If cloud - SBC or Direct Connection?

Do you see any connection attempt in the log files?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mark Thompson

Cloud hosted on ovh and direct connection. I have never set up a SBC. If it makes things easier though I will. any pointers?

Will take a look in the logs and get back to you.

Thanks.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

The only way to get this working across an SBC (and this is un-supported FYI) is to point the registrar address of the device at the SBC itself (and not 3CX) this will funnel the connection down the SBC.

The easiest installation as far as SBC is concerned is the Windows version:
    https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-links/

But Raspberry Pi I prefer as you only need a Pi device to run it and not dedicate a full Windows machine and licence and they are around £50/$79 on Amazon: https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-sbc-raspberry-pi/

You can acquire these pre-loaded from some 3CX Distributors also dependent on where you are based: https://www.electronicfrontier.co.uk/raspberry-pi-for-3cx-sbc/

5. Mark Thompson

Thanks for the replies. Ive setup an SBC on windows. I have the same problem.

To try and simplify things ive installed Zoiper SIP client on my PC (Thinking this will let me validate my settings if nothing else).

I get a 404 from Zoiper which suggests this is a dumb configuration issue on my part.

I am using the following:
    XXX.3cx.co.uk (The FQD of my 3cx server. Ive also tried the IP of the SBC to no avail)
    Username as specified in the extensions Authentication Box: 4ou9vxn
    Password as specified in the extensions Authentication Box uxxxxx2 (Chars replaced with x's for the forum)

Any suggestions?

Again, appreciate your help, especially as i suspect this is turning into a newbie issue. :)

Thanks.

6. Mark Thompson

Interestingly... if i use the extension number as the username (501 in my case) i get a different error 503 Invalid Password. If I specify a garbage username i get 404. This makes me think the Sip username should be the extension number. Why I have no idea.

Still struggling to figure out what the password should be though.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, the user name will be the extension number. Confirm you are using the correct password.

8. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

These details are taken off of the extension on 3CX that you are trying to register to under "Authentication".

I do agree, I think this issue is credential related, but as an FYI as you are new, you also require port 5090 port forwarded for 3CX Tunnel and 5001 also.

9. Mark Thompson

Hi thanks for the answers. I can confirm I have (Almost) got the HT812 SIP converter working.
    It was an authentication problem. Username was the extension number.

I can make and receive calls.

One odity though - When I make a call and hang up the phone rings again for 5-10 seconds. Has anyone else come across similar behavior?

Thanks again. BTW - This is voluntary work im doing for a Children's Charity. Help much appreciated. Were going to install a 3CX system across their site (They have approx 20 lodges providing overnight stays as well as office buildings etc).

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of set are you using. It almost sounds like the ATA is receiving a hook flash rather than "solid" disconnect and you are being re-called as 3CX still thinks the call is up. Does this happen on internal and external calls?