HTC DESIRE HD/Sensation one way audio

Discussion in 'Android' started by Rusty23, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusty23

Hi,

We initially setup a HTC desire hd with an older version of the 3cx software (3months ago and I always try to do the updates when I get them)and this worked fine internally with wifi and externally with wifi/3g. We also setup a HTC sensation which worked fine initially about a month ago (worked from France to England) However it stopped working Friday last week and it turned out doing the update to 1.3.1 fixed the issue.

Now for some reason today we have been having problems with both handsets only being able to hear calls and no sound going to the initial caller. I have tried this with both handsets on two different PBX networks but both have the same issue. If I use them internally on wifi they work fine but as soon as it tries to use it externally the one way audio occurs.

I have noticed that these two handsets are not "supported" and that back in March Gingerbread 2.3.3 was not supported is this still the case?

I also tried to make an internal call between the two handsets the call would ring but when you pick up it unregistered the handset you call if that makes sense. I have looked on the logs and it is just unregistered and re-registering all the time.

I did think it would be a firewall issue but cant explain why it worked fine up until this week.

The network they use does have a tunnel but this is irrelevant for external calls.

Thanks for your time.

R

2. andyverran

I have exactly the same issue, using HTC Desire HD, though for me it worked fine first thing this morning (9:30) but failed for me at 14:30.
    I have also tried the Sipdroid client and have the same issue.
    Device and client are all the latest versions.
    Looks like a device issue?

3. andyverran

Update to my post above, having moved to another building all is fine....so I'm now suspecting the router...but have no idea what it could be. Anyone?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can try ...re-booting the router just after confirming that there is a one way audio issue, see if that fixes the problem, if only temporarily. If it does, then there may be a port conflict of some sort and the re-boot has cleared it, for the time being.

List the make/model of router, perhaps someone on the forum will recognise it as one that has issues with SIP.

5. Rusty23

Our router is a thomson used with Opal.

However I've just updated the phones software and put a new switch in to help with QoS and this seems to have resolved the issue. The thomson still in place BTW.

I have only tried this at our own office but once I've resolved the issue I have onsite will post my solution.

6. Rusty23

Just to update,
    after putting in a QoS specific switch and updating the phone(sorry cant remember version I did this 2months ago)
    It was working fine and has done since.

The customer has a tunnel and with the new version seemed to have fixed the issue.

7. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the problem is this --> thomson
    they have build in SIP or SIP ALG which you can not disable to my knowledge (same product as speed touch or AVM)
    the router is taking away the audio due to it mod the sip message to the server.
    you will be able to send audio but not be able to hear, right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.