• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

HTC Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

itathomeinc

Reaction score
I just bought the new HTC Thunderbolt with Verizon and downloaded the 3cx softphone app. Neither 3G, 4G, or WIFI work. It doesn't even reach the 3cx server. Nothing comes up in the 3cx log report. I ran a traceroute from my droid to my 3cx server public IP and it can't find it. Weird thing is that the 3cx softphone on my Windows laptop works just fine locally and remotely and the same for an iPod touch (which was tested from a remote location). I've checked and verified that the settings are exactly as they should be on my droid, but it still cannot connect to the 3cx server. Does anybody have any ideas what might be happening? Thanks.

What version of Android is it running? Version 2.3 (Gingerbread) is not supported yet.

It's running version 2.2.1. I actually figured out the issue. I need to enable ICE. After that it registered. All is fine except the the called party hears an echo of themselves when I have the volume turned up on the phone. Obviously this is because the microphone is picking up the called party's voice from the earpiece on the phone and playing it back to them. Are there any solutions to avoid this other than using a separate earpiece?

itathomeinc said:
All is fine except the the called party hears an echo of themselves when I have the volume turned up on the phone. Obviously this is because the microphone is picking up the called party's voice from the earpiece on the phone and playing it back to them. Are there any solutions to avoid this other than using a separate earpiece?

This may be an internal audio loop, not a result of "earpiece to mic" transfer. You should be able to confirm this by covering the mic to see if the echo still occurs.

I just tried covering the mic and the echo can still be heard on the other end. It doesn't happen when using the softphone on my laptop or on my actual Linksys SPA941 SIP phone. Are there certain audio settings on the 3cx phone for android that need to be tweaked for this to stop?

If it is an internal issue in the phone, then you may not be able to do much other than try lowering the earpiece volume and seeing if that helps.

Thanks for your help. Lowering the volume does help with the issue. I may just use it with a bluetooth device too. The call clarity is incredible too. Huge difference from using my cell provider's service.

At this point (version) , Bluetooth isn't an option, unfortunately.

Oh. Well as long as I turn down the earpiece volume there is no echo. I tried testing out the speakerphone, which I knew would definitely not work out well since the mic would just repeat what a user said to them, but when I use the speakerphone to check my voicemail the menus will repeat themselves or my pin code won't be recognized. On earpiece it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.