Huge delay on out going calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spec, Sep 29, 2006.

1. spec

The 3cx is generating a delay every time you make an out going call.

My provider is

2. spec

As there has been on response over the last few days can I assume you are unable to resolve this problem???

Thanks

3. ace

ace

I'm having the same problem of a very long delay before the phone really starts ringing.
    Haven't tried the older beta, but a softphone doesn't give this problem with me.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Not seen this problem

We have not been able to recreate this situation. We have tried with numerous providers: SIpgate, Nikotell, Vonage and none of them have displayed this behavior. I suggest that you try with our new beta 2 build, which has better error logging, and should be available over the next 2 days. Please also let me know which provider you are using.

5. ace

ace

I have only tried with voipbuster (http://www.voipbuster.com) yet.

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Please try again

Hi,

We have tested with VOIP buster and did not have the same problem. We just uploaded a new beta 2 (5 oct 06), with much better error logging. Please try with that and let us know how it goes.

7. ace

ace

The new beta doesn't have the delay, thanks!

8. spec

Hi
    Thought I should eliminate the pc that 3cx is running on as being the problem . So I installed it on to a newly built server with no other software on for it to conflict with. To save me reconfiguring the pbx I backed up 3cx and tried to restore the backup on to the new install (on the new server). This is the error it gave me.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Program Files\3CX\PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\BackupManager.php on line 279
    There is no data file inside the archive. #0 C:\Program Files\3CX\PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\BackupManager.php(161): BackupManager->clearData() #1 C:\Program Files\3CX\PhoneSystem\Data\Http\admin_general.php(59): BackupManager->doRestore('C:\WINDOWS\TEMP...') #2 {main}

So what should I do restore or do I have to do it manually ????????

9. spec

Sorted restoring the backup

I wrongly presumed you unzipped the file before installing the backup

10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Any luck

Hi,

Did you have any luck with the delay being removed in the latest beta?

Sorry about the backup issue - we changed the format because we thought zip would be user friendlier for most. Sorry about the inconvenience.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just installed latest copy and still a long delay

I would say that the situation is tolerable, but I downloaded and installed the latest version and I am noticing a delay. I called my office at work which I know picks up in 3 rings and I didn't hear any of them and suddenly my voice was playing the message.

I am using a cable broadband connection; could that be why?

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Delay

Hi,

3Cx phone system is not inserting any delay. It could be that the VOIP provider has some sort of delay, depending on the speed of the internet connection and how busy they are. But in any case 3CX is forwarding the SIP requests as they come in to the VOIP provider....