• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Huge need for larger supported ATA

ATGNick

Titanium Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
We have many cases where clients have a large number of analog phones (hundreds) and using roughly fifty 4port ATAs obviously doesn't work. There needs to be a larger fully supported ATA for these cases.

Thank you!
Nick

Reactions: Adam Hawks
Upvote 8
I agree with you, Nick. Since WellTech has discontinued their 24 port ATA, there is no longer an ATA supported by 3CX that is larger than 4 ports.

Reactions: ATGNick
Agreed, patton 24FXS was supported up to 12.5

Any news on a solution for this yet? I have a customer with 58 IP phones and 13 Analog sets and I need to support their analog phones without buying (4) 4 port ATA's.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to replace the analog phones? The customer would also have benefit of all IP features...

Reactions: Brad Cann
Wouldn't it be cheaper to replace the analog phones? The customer would also have benefit of all IP features...

Agreed.

Why would you spend hundreds if not thousands on ATA's when for the same price, hell less on the second hand market would get you a supported IP phone?

Concept check: A hotel with hundreds of analog extensions for their rooms benefits by replacing their hundreds of room phones for VoIP phones in what way and at what cost?

Any idea how much it costs to recable a hotel for VoIP?

Its not as easy to say "same price" when you are talking "hundreds of extensions" when your cabling is all CAT3. The ActivReach or PoLRE could help alleviate cabling costs to allow a faster transition to a more complete VoIP deployment.

I'm a strong advocate for getting rid of everything analog within reason.

Concept check: A hotel with hundreds of analog extensions for their rooms benefits by replacing their hundreds of room phones for VoIP phones in what way and at what cost?

Any idea how much it costs to recable a hotel for VoIP?

Its not as easy to say "same price" when you are talking "hundreds of extensions" when your cabling is all CAT3. The ActivReach or PoLRE could help alleviate cabling costs to allow a faster transition to a more complete VoIP deployment.

I'm a strong advocate for getting rid of everything analog within reason.

Then that hotel is likely as old as the hills, and obviously there are edge case scenarios where this won''t work or be financially ... tricky. In Australia almost all sparkies/data cablers changed over to using Cat5 for telco cabling decades ago as it was way cheaper then cat3 a long time ago.

Like i said there will be edge cases where it is more a financial decision, sometimes its better to bite the bullet and just wear the cost of new stuff as opposed to maintaining legacy gear, that is a decision every business has to make at some point in time. I still think that short of the cabling issues your going to waste more money on legacy half options over time then just doing it right and cabling for the future....

I might also add, in the days of mobile phones being dirt cheap, and call rates on mobiles often being a lot cheaper then what a hotel charges, does the use case even support maintaining a fleet of phones in a hotel? I'm almost guessing the power costs alone on the PBX are more then you bring in on call rates for the hotel.

Then that hotel is likely as old as the hills, and obviously there are edge case scenarios where this won''t work or be financially ... tricky. In Australia almost all sparkies/data cablers changed over to using Cat5 for telco cabling decades ago as it was way cheaper then cat3 a long time ago.

Like i said there will be edge cases where it is more a financial decision, sometimes its better to bite the bullet and just wear the cost of new stuff as opposed to maintaining legacy gear, that is a decision every business has to make at some point in time. I still think that short of the cabling issues your going to waste more money on legacy half options over time then just doing it right and cabling for the future....

I don't disagree with anything you just said.

I've been told that Grandstream are coming back into supported - however that may be wrong.

Reactions: ATGNick

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.