hundereds of notification emails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IA76, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IA76

i

I have my 3CX set to give me notification for SLA breaches , and when trunks go down etc.

I do get the notification emails coming through regularly but for some reason once every couple of months I will get a mass of notification emails sent to me together. I had about 900 notification emails come through together at one point this week.

I have tried a different SMPT server so have ruled this out.

Our 3CX server is set to reboot every morning at 4am and whenever I do get these multiple emails they are sent just after the server is automatically rebooted.

What could be causing this?

2. Felixcat

Hi,

I had the same problem and another forum member suggested I set the windows event log to "Archive the log when full, do not overwrite events" instead of "Overwrite events as needed (oldest events first)" also clear the log at the same time.

Touch wood since then I've been ok…..

3. IA76

Thanks.

Where do I find the settings to change this from? Our 3CX server runs on Windows 7.

4. MarkWim

this is the same issue we have except I get emails for every busy call to and once I received them all over again at once. How can we fix this?

5. Felixcat

Hi,

This is from Microsoft help pages:

Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this helps!

6. mlump

mlump New Member

Mark,

This is the same problem it does not matter what emails you keep getting. As long as you are receiving old emails in mass this solution should work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.